Role title: Finance and HR Manager
The Finance and HR Manager is responsible for providing full financial, board support and a supporting HR service to the Alfred Beit Foundation (ABF). You will manage and maintain the financial, accounting, HR and administrative activities associated with the ABF in order to meet all legislative requirements.
Overall responsibilities will include
- Deliver compliance of accounting procedures – design, introduction and development of internal control systems / monitoring income and expenditure
- To lead and manage the financial operation of the ABF in general including financial oversight of the investment/endowment funds and deliver on the necessary financial reporting and administration
- To support the CEO and other members of the management team in finance and staff related matters including recruitment, payroll oversight and procurement.
Key areas of accountability and responsibility will include:
- The preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for management and board including month end expenditure and creditors and debtors listing
- Analyse financial records to improve budgeting or planning
- Direct financial operations including the approval of expenditures and effective procurement procedures
- Monitor flow of cash or other resources
- Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities
- Maintain and control regulatory or compliance documentation
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets
- Analyse forecasting data to improve business decisions
- Communicate organizational information to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare operational progress or status reports and analyse financial records to improve efficiency e.g. analysis of wastage, margins, retail staff ratios over particular periods, organise discounts where possible
- Analyse risks to minimize losses or damages
- Recommend organizational process or policy changes
- Analyse financial records or reports to determine state of operations
- Play a lead role with the CEO and other members of the management team to develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures
- Ensure the payroll is correctly delivered by our outsource provider on a monthly basis (including all associated deductions and calculations) and processing of revenue on line payments.
- Prepare for and respond in a timely manner to all requests for financial related information
- Preparation of accounts for the annual Audit
- Deliver improvements in the Financial Procedures Manual
- Administer and record disbursals including the checking of Bank Accounts to make sure funds are available on time for disbursal
- Conduct bank reconciliation on all accounts
- Full responsibility for all Company Secretary duties, including attendance at all board meetings; minute taking; preparing and submitting statutory returns; ensure compliance with all legal and charity requirements
- Play an active role in the Business & Finance Committee and the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board
- Responsibility for management and administration of HR duties
- Play a supporting role in the recruitment of personnel
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skillset:
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA or ACMA
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Charities Regulation Bill/Charities Act/Data Protection
- Knowledge of best practice/guiding principles for fundraising and charities
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information in a discreet manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to working hours in response to varying demands of the office
• A minimum of four years post qualification experience, with substantial proven experience at management level in an organisation of similar scale.
- A knowledge of the Charity sector
- Experience of Company Secretary role
- Substantial experience of financial planning, risk management and related reporting, project planning and associated financial oversight.
- Excellent skills in financial and quantitative analysis including proven experience in report writing, provision of reports and collation of data.
- Comfortable in the area of financial modelling (financial forecasting/projecting) and financial planning as demonstrated from prior experience.
- Previous experience in budget management, review and control.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills, including the ability to relate financial concepts to non-financial personnel, and the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders, as demonstrated from prior experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop executive financial reports of the highest standards.
- Ability to contribute effectively as a member of the senior management team.
Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
Critical Thinking & Innovative Approach – the ability to work flexibly and operate strategically within a busy environment, dealing with competing demands in order to produce high quality responses; pay attention to detail and possess a very high standard of accuracy; be highly motivated with proven organisational and administrative abilities in a similar sized organisation.
Problem Solving – must possess excellent analytical skills - can identify a problem/risk and propose a solution; be capable of working on own initiative and able to prioritise tasks and work under time constraints to meet deadlines; be able to multi task and provide cross team support as required; Demonstrate excellent analytical skills to evaluate, select and implement financial risk and operational solutions, including experience in report writing, provision of reports and collation of data
- Written - can produce written communications on behalf of the CEO and Board that reflect the standing of the office and that relate financial/legal concepts to non-financial personnel in order to address compliance, information and reporting requirements
- Verbal - a demonstrated ability to interact with people at all levels, both internal and external to the organisation; demonstrate emotional intelligence and communicate with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- IT - highly developed computer skills with use of IT as a driver of efficiency; High level of competency in MS Office applications. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (or similar packages), as a support tool for data processing, analysis and reporting, are essential. Candidates must have experience in using financial information systems financial/accounts packages (SAGE an advantage)
- Initiative - Ability to work on own initiative and also in a team; to multi-task within a busy environment; be a self-motivated, dedicated professional, with a ‘can do attitude’ – ability to see tasks through to completion; committed to delivering a service whilst carrying a wide-ranging and considerable work load. Flexible approach – available to work outside normal hours required on an occasional basis
To apply please forward a CV and cover letter to;
Dave Riordan, (01) 6377251 or email@example.com